* you agree that if you submit your personal information to us, we may
create a database record about you;
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Villas will not collect or monitor any personal information about you without your consent. The only personal information we collect is what you tell us about yourself, and information about how you use our website. If you apply for a product from us (online or through a representative) we may ask for your personal information (such as name and address) in order to service your application. You do not have to provide us with this information if you do not wish to do so. However, failure to do so may result in The Villas being unable to provide you with certain services.
We will not collect any personal information from you revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use personal information which we might collect when:
* we provide you with information about our products, services, and/or special
* you have authorised us to do so;
* we have given you notification of the intended use and you have not objected to that use;
* we believe that the use is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their function; or
* The Villas is authorised, required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information you provide to The Villas is strictly confidential. The Villas will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass that information on to any third parties, other than those who are:
* contracted to The Villas to keep the information confidential; or
We may disclose the personal information, other information or data we collect from you for the purposes specified to you at the time of collection or for another purpose if:
* you would reasonably expect us to disclose it for that purpose; and
* that purpose is related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
If we wish to disclose any of this personal information, information or data other than is set out above, we will not do so unless we have your express consent to do so. Exceptions to this include:
* where The Villas suspects that unlawful activity is or has been engaged
in and uses the personal information, information or data to investigate the
suspected unlawful activity; or
* the use is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law. These uses may include where The
Villas is required to provide information in response to subpoenas or warrants or other legal process including requests from regulatory authorities.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
The Villas will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. While we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from on-line from us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to preserve the security of the information in our own system.
HOW TO ACCESS & UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can always access your personal information and content that you provide to us by contacting us. We will update the relevant information. Exceptions to this include:
* where providing access will pose an unreasonable impact on the privacy of
* your request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
* where the information relates to existing legal proceedings between The Villas and you and the information would not be discoverable in the process of those legal proceedings; or
* where providing access would be unlawful, may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, may prejudice enforcement of laws or denying access is specifically authorised by law.
If The Villas does not allow you to access your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for our decision. If you believe that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is inaccurate, incomplete or not up-to-date but The Villas does not agree with you, we will post a statement of your claim where the information is kept and accessed.
If you have any questions about the security policy or your dealings with the The Villas Website, please contact us.